I don't know about you, but if I don't write down my appointments and activities, I'm sure to lose them in a deep, dark corner of my mind. To say I'm merely forgetful is an understatement.
Besides the Calendar app on my iPhone, the second app I use the most is Reminders. It allows me to set reminders based on the time, day, or location.
For example, my iPhone can remind me to pick up some milk on the way home from work using the phone's GPS.
If you use iCloud, your reminders can also be synced among all your iDevices.
Here's how to use it:
1. Open the Reminders app. If you'd like to customize a list (such as kids' activities) tap the + in the upper right corner.
2. Tap on an empty line to create a reminder. Your keyboard will pop up. Type your reminder then tap the blue "i" in a circle to set specifics for the reminder.
3. Turn on "Remind me on a day" then tap on Alarm to set a day and time for your reminder.
4. You can also have a reminder pop up when you leave or arrive somewhere. Turn on "Remind me at a location" and then either tap on your current location, which should come up automatically or type in a location in the search field at the top of your screen. Then choose to be reminded when you arrive at that location or when you leave that location.
5. Once you've completed your reminder, you can tick it off by tapping the circle next to it. To delete the reminder completely, swipe left on the reminder and tap Delete.