If you misplace your device or someone steals it, you can use Apple’s MobileMe service to locate it. (You can even use MobileMe to remotely wipe-off all data, lock the device if it gets stolen, and display a custom message for whoever finds it.) Here’s how to track your device:
- Create a MobileMe account and activate it on your device (see “How Do I Use MobileMe?” on page 99)
- Open Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. If you have activated MobileMe, you will see it listed under Accounts.
- Tap on MobileMe and switch Find My iPhone (iPad, iPod touch) to ON.
- Tap on Allow when the Find My iPhone (iPad, iPod touch) message pops up.
- Log onto me.com, and use the Find My iPhone feature to show its location on the map.