- Open Settings and go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
- Add the following information into the Exchange screen:
- Email: Enter your e-mail address.
- Domain: Enter your Active Directory domain (often used with a "\" before your username).
- Username: Enter the username associated with your e-mail account.
- Password: Enter the password associated with your username.
- Description: Enter title to identify the account.
After you enter that information, your device will attempt to connect. If it fails to auto detect the server address, you will be prompted with a server URL. Since this requires that your IT department support Exchange ActiveSync, you should contact them if you have any problems.
Important Note: By connecting your iOS device to the corporate network using Exchange ActiveSync, you are giving your company the right and authority to enforce security policies as well as remotely wipe your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, including all data, photos, videos, music, and apps. Because of this, you should make sure that you back up your device regularly if you use Exchange ActiveSync.