Say Bye-Bye to Vacation Weight Gain!
Local fitness expert and LaFemme Mobile Gym CEO shares easy tips to enjoy your time away without any weight gain worries
Sacramento, May 6, 2010 – Do you every get nervous about going on a cruise or any other buffet-style vacations with boatloads of calories? Are you one of many Americans who gain 5 – 7lbs each time you go on vacation? Do you worry about resorts that offer non-stop alcoholic beverages with little motivation to exercise? Monique Hollowell, CEO of LaFemme Mobile Gym and local Sacramento fitness trainer shares the following five tips to keep you weight gain free:
1. Go Fitness First. When choosing a place to stay, make sure the facility has a fitness center or free passes to a local nearby gym. This will keep you accountable to work out while on vacation.
2. BYO Snack. Pack your own snacks or stop at a grocery store to stock up on healthy snack foods in between meals. This will prevent eating candy, chips, sodas and extra calories.
3. Refrigerator and Microwave Please! Make sure you have a refrigerator in your hotel room to store fruits and vegetables, healthy snacks and any meal leftovers.
4. Menu Savvy. Always choose healthy and low calorie first! Leave the extra calories for any desserts or alcoholic beverages you may consume.
5. Your Daily Flush! Consume at least 64 oz. of water a day. While on vacation we tend to dehydrate fast from the air travel, high sodium food and increase in alcoholic beverages. Water helps your digestive system and energy levels stay on the right track.
About Monique Hollowell
Monique Hollowell, BS, CPT, has more than 10 years industry experience. She is an author, radio show host, national presenter and CEO of Lafemme Mobile Gym, which provides virtual, in-home and business on-site personal training. Monique holds certifications with ACSM, NASM, Coopers Institute and more!
About Lafemme Mobile Gym
Fit for LaFemme, Incorporated (the “Company”) was founded by Monique Hollowell, a passionate professional that develops fitness solutions for the general and special populations. Monique Hollowell was a former intercollegiate athlete at the University of Washington in Seattle. She graduated with a BS degree in Zoology and minor in Anatomy and Physiology. Monique continued on to one year of graduate study at the University of San Francisco in the Sports and Fitness Management masters program. After graduating college, Monique obtained several Certifications including, ACSM, NASM, Yoga Fit Training Systems, Master Instructor with the Pilates Coach and Bender Training Systems, in addition to Special Populations Certification from the Coopers Institute. Monique has held several multi-club management positions and progressed into Executive Management of a health club chain over seeing a multi-million dollar personal training division. Monique’s transition into motherhood and continued zeal for fitness created Fit for LaFemme, Inc., which offers Lafemme Mobile Gym and Lafemme Fitness Bootcamps! She is also a National Fitness Presenter having presented at IHRSA, IDEA, Body, Mind Spirit and Fit Fest. She has recently published Bellie Fit Basics, offered through Amazon and Barnes and Noble and is the host of TheFitnessIQ Radio Show. For more information visit: http://www.lafemmemobilegym.com/