By Nate Adcock on Sat, 09/18/2010
Mophie adds a beefy charger to their juice pack line (see my reserve review here) that will top up your iOS devices faster, and works with the iPad! The new powerstation brings the heat with 2.1 amps of output packed into a 3600 mAh battery, and looks like the big brother to the keychain-sized reserve. Read on for more PR details...
SANTA ANA, Calif., Sept. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- mophie™ today announced the availability of the juice pack powerstation, marking the company's first innovation for the iPad accessories market. The powerstation is the third quick charge external battery in its new juice pack universal line, designed to deliver a portable power solution to on-the-go Apple device users. The most powerful of the three universal line rechargeable batteries, the juice pack powerstation boasts up to 2.1 amps of charging output with a 3600 mAh capacity, making it one of the most powerful external power sources available for the iPad on the market.
The juice pack powerstation was engineered to provide super-high output charging in a compact design and to be compatible with most commercially available USB devices in the world, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod. The quick charge powerstation gives users the opportunity to go for days without a power outlet, and its lightweight and portable design makes for easy carrying so consumers never have to go without a battery charging solution.
In addition to the powerstation's 2.1 amps charging capabilities, the advanced battery cell also automatically switches between desired mAh charge, including 500 mAh, 1A and 2.1A, while a stand-by toggle switch ensures no drainage when the powerstation is not in use.
"The powerstation has allowed us to innovate in new ways and for new devices, and we are excited to continue pushing mophie's design and product development forward," noted Ross Howe, vice president of business development. "This is our first foray into engineering a compact battery with such high charging output as well as creating a product that works with the iPad and virtually any other USB device. We will continue to expand our product lines to meet the market's need for new product accessories and look forward to exploring new market spaces."
- The Most Power on the Market – 2.1 amps of high-density, high-output charging replenishes iPads faster than traditional batteries on the market
- Advanced Battery Cell – Special high-output battery is capable of switching between a 500mAh, 1A and 2.1A charge
- Waste Not, Want Not – Stand-by toggle switch ensures that there is no drainage when the powerstation is not in use
- iPad and USB Device Compatible – Quick charge the iPad, iPhone, iPod and virtually any other USB device or smart phone
- Compact and Ultra-Portable – The powerstation features a two-tone metallic and soft touch finish in a compact form factor making it easier to carry on-the-go
- 6 Light LED Battery Status Indicator – Invisible when not in use, the integrated LED status indicator tells you exactly how much "juice" is left and also functions as a super-bright flashlight, ensuring you're never out of juice or left in the dark
- Pass-through USB Charging – Enables users to simultaneously charge an iPhone or other smart phone while also charging the powerstation itself when using a 2.1 amps iPad charger adapter
The powerstation is the first of several anticipated iPad accessories that mophie will develop, with additional products to be announced later this year and in 2011. It is also the first product developed by the company that is compatible with other USB devices (such as GPS units) and mp3 players.
The universal line was first introduced in June 2010, with the juice pack reserve released first, followed by the juice pack boost in August 2010, and now the powerstation. Each of the external rechargeable batteries incorporates the latest advancements in portable power and is available in Apple stores, at www.apple.com or www.mophie.com. For additional information regarding the mophie suite of products, please visit http://www.mophie.com.
mophie is a California-based, award-winning designer and manufacturer of mobile intelligent devices and accessories. mophie is the proud developer of the juice pack, the first "Works With iPhone" portable battery case certified by Apple Inc. Follow mophie on Twitter at http://twitter.com/mophielovesyou.