By Nate Adcock on Fri, 07/10/2009
I'm gearing up, pun intended, for a full review of this awesome-looking racer from Firemint (once I finish my review of Astraware's Phaze), but wanted to get the word out on the street (last pun, I promise), even though it's been around awhile. In fact, I've been doing so much iPod racing lately, I might feature a round-up when I get some time. This one looks (from the video), like a pretty intense ride! Read on for more details...
"Firemint Real Racing™ immerses you in all the excitement, competition and glory of championship racing. This is handheld racing like you've never experienced before!"
- 36 cars in three classes, a dozen unique tracks, five game modes
- Three divisions to play through
- Massive career mode with 57 events to complete
- Six cars on screen
- Touch or tilt to steer
- Manual or automatic acceleration and braking
- In-car cockpit view or external camera
- Local multiplayer over WiFi
- Online league play
- Online leaderboards
- Video replays on YouTube
- Create personal leaderboards on the web
Check out Real Racing in the App Store here, and look for my review soon!!