By Tracy Sebastian on Tue, 03/16/2010
I have about 400 DVDs. How do I keep track of them all? I used to use my brain. I still know every DVD that we have, but the other 5 members of the household have no clue what's on the shelf. To solve that issue, I downloaded iCollect Movies from Hooked In Motion, LLC. ($2.99)
Basically, grab your DVDs (or BluRays), Barcode Scan them, and Viola, you have a beautiful list of your collection.
Bottom Line: iCollect Movies is well worth $2.99 to keep your movie collection in order. Easy to use. Their customer support is excellent. I received an immediate answer to any question or suggestion. email@example.com
|View in Cover Flow....||.... or List View|
|View DVD Details||Search Your Library|
|To Add - Press "Add"||To Scan - Place Barcode in Window|
|Press "Save"||Now in Library|
|Video Tutorial for Backup/Restore|
- Manually type in the UPC.
- Manual entry with no barcode.
- Spiders Google and our own servers for a cover and information about a title.
- If no information is present, take your own picture and type in the details and add it to our server for others to use.
- Use a picture from anywhere on the web for your covers.
- Use a picture from your Photo Library.
- IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes links
- Add it to your library. Sort by Blu-ray, DVD, or customize your filter bar right from the main screen.
- Tab badges allow you to quickly see how many movies you own.
- Sift quickly through your catalog using the index.
- Library view.
- Shake for random movie.
- Sort without The and A option.
- Loan your movies out and keep track of who has what using your contacts list or custom entry.
- See movies you’ve never watched or watched a long time ago using the “Last Watched” feature.
- Entry for purchased value and date.
- Options for Actors, Directors, Regions, Audio, Subtitles, and more!
- Customs which information is displayed in your movie cells.
- Add a movie to a wishlist if you know you want to buy it in the future.
- Email out your wishlists to family and friends for holidays and birthdays.
- Already ordered a movie but don’t have it yet? Add it as a preorder. Add the release date as well.
- Incredible search capabilities. Browse through your library in a whole new way. Want to see all movies you have that star Steve Martin? Easy. Want to see all of your Japanese movies only? Easy.
- Video tutorial for help.
- A LOT more!