By Dig Om on Mon, 05/06/2013
OGIO’s new 2013 lineup of tech-friendly bags met all of my expectations of the company, fusing durability and water resistance with contemporary urban style. Of particular interest to any iDevice owner is the NEWT series of backpacks and messengers. OGIO designed these bags to carry the iPad, iPhone and MacBook safely, without having to tote a heavy, cumbersome pack.
In fact, while the NEWT is streamlined and compact, conforming comfortably to your posture with its aerodynamic design, it also has a surprisingly ample amount of storage space for such a thin looking bag.
All of the NEWT models and sizes allow you to accommodate both tablets and laptops comfortably and safely and also feature a number of separate storage pockets for smaller possessions, such as your iPhone, sunglasses, or back-up battery pack.
One of my favorite models for the tablet user is the NEWT 15 ($100). This bag has numerous strategically placed, deep-chambered padded pockets in its rugged shell. With the NEWT 15, keeping your gear safe and organized is a breeze!
The internal pockets of the NEWT 15 include a plush lined pocket for sensitive gear, convenient mini-pouches for organizing such assorted items as keys, pens, coins, etc. It also has a clip hook inside to hang a Swiss Army, flashlight, or Flash drive. It has a large main chamber with space to carry a day’s worth of gear, such as a jacket, snack, charging cables, or books. Additionally, the laptop compartment is more than adequately padded with a shock-absorbing pocket lining and can accommodate up to a 15-inch MacBook (depending on the model pack your choose).
Perfect for Cyclists and Skaters
OGIO's years of experience designing aerodynamic packs for motorcyclists is apparent in the NEWT series. The ergonomic foam back support helps the pack contour to your body precisely, and its design provides a minimum of wind-resistance. This is the perfect tech pack for anyone who rides bicycles, motorcycles, or skateboards. Don't be afraid of getting caught in a downpour with an OGIO NEWT II either. True to its amphibious namesake, the NEWT can handle a dousing and still shed water like droplets off a duck’s back, so you can rest assured, your valuable tech gear is safe from the elements in the NEWT.
The OGIO NEWT provides top quality protection for your iDevices while you are adventuring and keeps your gear and accessories safe and sound in a well-crafted and durable tech bag. Be sure to check out the entire varied line up of cool, new, tech-friendly carryalls at OGIO.com.
FEATURES of the OGIO NEWT
· Secure zippered fleece line side entry laptop compartment fit most 17” laptops
· iFom integrated foam panels keep your electronics and other valuables protected
· Padded iPad/tablet/e-reader pocket
· Zippered top fleece lined padded mouse/personal electronics pocket
· Five bar padded back panel for ultimate comfort
· Dual Density foam shoulder straps add comfort and stability for heavy loads
· Fully adjustable ergonomic Soft Neck shoulder straps
· Zippered stash pocket on back panel
· Quick access shoulder strap neoprene phone pocket
· Deluxe organizational panel
· Adjustable sternum strap
· Soft touch neoprene grab handle
· 1680 D Ballistic Nylon, 300D Oxford Poly, 210D poly cotton
· Dimensions: 19.5" H x 11.5" W x 7.5" D
· Weight: 2.2 Lbs.
· Capacity: 1450 Cubic Inches
· Laptop Pocket: 19”H x 11.5”W x 1.5”D