By Tari Akpodiete on Mon, 10/19/2009
Fanboys and girls are understandable excited that EA has released Rockband for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The base game costs $9.95 and is 158 megs. Each song is reported to be between 10 and 20 megs each. People with smaller capacity devices may have to delete some content.
Other sites are reporting that only 15 of the 20 songs are available immediately. The other 5 must be unlocked. New songs will be available for a buck. The Instruments are guitar, drums, bass plus vocals although I read elsewhere that the singing isn't actually singing. I haven't had a chance to check this report out.
Reviews on game sites are mixed, and many of the complaints have to do with hand-crapping. Likely playing in moderation (yeah, right), and finding a comfortable postion in which to hold or place the device while playing will help with that sort of issue.
* Go solo, or push it to the limit with live Bluetooth Multiplayer
* Sync up via Facebook on your own time.
* Rock out on guitar, bass, drums or vocals to MP3-quality songs
* Play at three levels: easy, medium or difficult
* Play solo, or start a band with friends from around the world
* Jump into Quickplay for casual sessions or take it on the road in Tour Mode
* Play along with 20 legendary songs from great bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, The Beastie Boys, and more!
* Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom
* Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans
* Check out the in-game Music Store to purchase additional tracks
Track list in the core game:
* Attack-30 Seconds To Mars
* Girls Not Grey – AFI
* Move Along - All American Rejects
* Sabotage - Beastie Boys
* All The Small Things - Blink-182
* Hanging on the Telephone – Blondie
* Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
* Everlong - Foo Fighters
* Bad to The Bone - George Thorogood & the Destroyers
* Hymn 43 - Jethro Tull
* Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
* Simple Man - Lynard Skynard
* Ace of Spades '08 – Motorhead
* Debaser - Pixies
* Ladybug - Presidents of The United States of America
* Give It All - Rise Against
* Lazy Eye - Silversun Pick Ups
* Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
* Take The Money and Run - Steve Miller Band
* We Got The Beat - The Go Go's