Ariau Interactive for iPad - Explore the Amazon with Award Winning eBook
Independent developer and photographer Leonide Principe today introduces Ariau Amazon Towers, an interactive exploration of the Amazon rainforest, based on the award winning print book. Retina-display compatible, the eBook includes more than 500 Hi-Res photographs, time-lapse collages, and videos. Ideal for photography enthusiasts, nature lovers, educators, and children, its 35 chapters visually capture and describe in words the ineffable beauty of the world's largest forest and it inhabitants. Independent developer and photographer Leonide Principe today is pleased to introduce Ariau Amazon Towers written by Francisco Ritta Bernardino, an interactive exploration of the Amazon rainforest, based on the award winning print book. Retina-display compatible, the eBook includes more than 500 high-resolution photographs, time-lapse collages, and videos. Ideal for photography enthusiasts, nature lovers, educators, and children, its 35 chapters visually capture and describe in words the ineffable beauty of the world's largest forest and it inhabitants. Ariau Amazon Towers is the presentation of an Amazon cultural phenomenon, and at the same time, it is a proposition in a global perspective, of a style that encourages, reinforces and applies the need for a new relationship with the bioregion and Nature.
- Explore the Amazon rainforest, the world's largest
- Enjoy more than 500 Hi-Res photographs from the author's collection
- Candid close-ups of the people, flowers, plants, and animals of the Amazon
- Ergonomic design allows navigation with a thumb on each side of the iPad
- Stunning, emotional photographic images beautifully assembled in book form
- iPhone/iPod touch version will be released soon
- 14 minutes documentary of Jean-Michel Cousteau, during an expedition in the region.
- Indicated for photography enthusiasts, nature lovers, educators and children.
- Metadata info (Camera, Lens, Aperture, Speed…) of most important pictures.
Ariau Amazon Towers is subtitled Evocative Emotions Committed to Regional Sentiment. More than a book about the eponymous, Brazilian, treetop hotel in the rainforest that attracts visitors from around the world, Principe's book is about the widest range of emotions elicited by seeing the smallest and largest plants and animals revealed so as to emphasize their cooperation, integrity, and essential niche in the local ecosystem. On every page, the book elicits wonder, oneness, intimacy, grandeur, awe, love, appreciation, and tenderness, as it juxtaposes magnificent photography with text descriptions of the Amazon experience. On-location videos contain moments of still photography, heightening the dramatic effect of the live image stream. The app includes a 15-minute documentary made by Jean-Michel Cousteau (son of the famous oceanographer Jacques-Yves Cousteau, who inspired Ariau): An Overview of the Amazon from Origin to Wonder of the Ecosystems. The ebook features an ergonomic design, which allow all aspects of navigation to be achieve using the right or left thumb. Scrolling, panning, page turning, opening particular pages is all simple and intuitive. The ebook's world-class, nature photography is a small part of the photographer's larger project, the 25,000 selected RAW images of Amazon Stock Photography, a file to describe the region as a whole, its strangeness, landscapes, flora, fauna, indigenous and folkloric context, and ecotourism. Photo enthusiasts may view the metadata for each picture: lens, speed, camera, f-stop, time, location, etc. Elegant in its presentation, the eBook features large blocks of empty white space with poignant photos and poetic text appearing in quiet and dignified contrast. The interactive features add new levels of enjoyment, as readers/viewers can drag photos to reveal wide, full-screen panoramas, slide shows are activated with a touch, and users can drag each page vertically or horizontally to reach new content. "The app allows you to gain a deeper appreciation of the Amazon by experiencing it for yourself," commented Leonide Principe. "And, it shows the importance of protecting the fragile and vital environment of the rainforest." Device Requirements:* Compatible with iPad* Requires iOS 4.0 or later* 513 MB Pricing and Availability:Ariau English Version: Interactive for iPad 1.0.1 is now at the special discounted price of $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. After November 11, the app will be at its normal price of $2.99. Review copies are available on request. EXTRA LINKS:
- Amazon Stock Photography website - http://www.leonideprincipe.com
- Webpage of the App - http://www.leonideprincipe.com/2012/10/10/ariau-interactive-photographic-book-for-ipad/
- Purchase and Download - https://itunes.apple.com/app/ariau-english-version-interactive/id564022719
- YouTube Video - http://youtu.be/8pXUu16ReRM
- Screenshot 1 - http://a1182.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/114/Purple/v4/93/56/d9/9356d956-f3d9-d92c-ab5f-3476aa7bcf6f/mzl.dadtkdot.480x480-75.jpg
- Screenshot 2 - http://a1110.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/063/Purple/v4/ae/db/09/aedb09cf-a2ce-6b17-7ee0-d72f13bfe44c/mzl.uubfvhmp.480x480-75.jpg
- App Icon - http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/085/Purple/v4/78/66/53/786653a5-504d-412b-5720-10fbb6bc27e1/mzl.hgphqrla.175x175-75.jpg
TAGS: iOS,Photo,Video,Amazon,Ecotourism COMPANY INFO: Based in Manaus, Brazil, The Amazon Stock Photography was founded by photographer Leonide Principe in 1988. The images have been used numerous times to enrich pages of well-known national publications (Horizonte Geographic, Earth View, Folha de So Paulo, Icarus, etc.) and international magazines (Natura Oggi, Das Tier, VSD, Geo, etc.) and also in the illustration work for advertising companies and institutions. Today his collection includes over 25,000 selected RAW images with an extensive documentation of flora, fauna, folklore, landscapes, wildlife, ecotourism, research and population among others, and it continues growing. He always avoided images such as deforestation, destruction and disease, trying to look at the integrity of nature, sharing the positive side of it with his customers. Copyright (C) 2012 Leonide Principe. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners. CONTACT INFO: infoleonideprincipe [dot] com