Bestselling and most accurate metronome on the app store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" by Apple (main landing page) during the week of 24th March 2009. Over 190,000 copies sold. Now a universal binary with a dedicated iPad interface.
Tempo Advance has a more powerful set of features meant more for professional users. Please review both versions to make the best purchasing decision. Tempo will continue as a parallel product. Please visit our website www.frozenape.com for more information.
How do you choose from the seemingly countless number of metronome apps on the app store? Here’s a hint: go with the masses. Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries. With over 190,000 copies sold, Tempo is simply the best-selling metronome app for the iPhone OS. It is used daily by performing artists for their gigs, by teachers in their lessons, by musicians in their practices; by golfers to time their swings. Even our competitors have taken to copying our interface.
Tempo gives you the features you really need without sacrificing usability. Its engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. Over that is wrapped an attractive, simple and yet comprehensive single-screen interface. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
- 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8 (IMPORTANT: hold any meter button to access additional signatures)
- 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
- Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs, option to flash whole screen on the first beat
- Turn on and off pendulum animation
- Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms (IMPORTANT: tap on LED to cycle through accent, no accent and off.)
- Tap tempo function
- Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
- Landscape or Portrait presentation
- Vibration mode
- Choose from 12 sound sets: Digital, Analog, Blip 1, Blip 2, Electro, Traditional, Wooden, Shaker, Cowbell, Tamborine, Rock Kit and Pro set for live drumming click tracks
- Pan audio to left or right
- Store presets in multiple setlists
- Advanced setlist management including overwriting selected song, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
- Share and backup setlists via iTunes File Sharing
- Italian Tempo Marking
- Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches
- Plays over iPod music
- Two themes to choose from: Classic Blue and Onyx
- More optional themes via In App Purchase