WritePad lets you take notes in your own handwriting with an iPad stylus (such as AluPen by just|mobile) or even your finger. The state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn your style of writing. You can use simple gestures to select text, cut, copy, paste, and insert special characters.
WritePad has a spell checker with its own custom dictionary, a context analyzer, auto-corrector, and a Shorthand feature that fills-in words and phrases you frequently use, once entered into the Shorthand Editor.
The Shorthand feature offers a quick and simple way to insert often-repeated text and performs standard editing commands by writing the Shorthand name and drawing a circle around it. You can add new or modify Shorthands using the Shorthand Editor.
With WritePad you can create text documents and store them on your iPad. The built-in HTTP server allows you to exchange files between iPad and iPhone devices connected to the same WiFi network, or to upload files onto the desktop PC using the Internet browser. You can also send emails directly from WritePad and use copy/paste to transfer text between WritePad and other applications. In addition, you can use the built-in interface to the Bing Translator to convert your documents to other languages.
Benefits and Features
- Create, view, and modify text documents.
- Use advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Select, cut, copy, and paste text between different files
- Send text files via email or transfer files from (to) another iPhone or iPad
- Improve your productivity by using built-in spell checker, Autocorrector, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Use built-in HTTP file server to exchange text files between device and desktop computer.
- Translate your documents to other languages using built-in support for Bing Translator.