My favorite new feature is Sync Applications. I have over 500 apps in my iTunes library that have been rather difficult to manage until now. This feature makes it easy to install and uninstall apps and move icons around Home pages. To use this feature:
- Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer and sync.
- Go to the “Applications” tab in iTunes. This tab displays a list of the apps you’ve purchased on the left side of the screen, and a representation of your Home screen(s) on the right side.
- To install an app, drag it from the list on the left to one of the Home screens, or simply check the box next to the app in that list.
- To uninstall an app, uncheck the box next to it in the list on the left.
- To move app icons, click and hold on them on the Home screen and drag them to the place you want them. You can move them around the screen they are currently on or drag them to another Home screen.
The “Sync Applications” tab has a very helpful search feature located immediately above the purchased apps list. It is particularly useful if you’ve purchased or downloaded a lot of apps and want to find one without having to scroll through the list. Simply start typing the name of the app for which you are looking, and it will appear after you’ve entered a few letters of the name.