Meteor is a digital multi-track recorder designed specifically for the iPad.
The program features up to 12 tracks of high quality audio, a built in mixer, Virtual Instruments and multi-effects processor. Meteor is ideally suited for creating musical compositions, and also a great tool for journalists and business people who need to splice and piece together voice notes, narration or dictation. Compositions once mixed can be exported to standard file formats for use on your desktop PC or MAC.
Meteor includes a fully featured sound editor allowing recordings to be trimmed or spliced together.
You can apply various effects to your recordings either directly, as part of the recording process or in real time during playback. Editor features include cut, copy, paste, fade in/out. clear, reverse, gain, normalize, remove DC offset, time stretch and pitch shift. Effects include digital delay, chorus / flanger, reverb, graphic equalizer, tone boost, compressor (with side chaining) and distortion.
The Mixer and effect levels can be fully automated using definable controller tracks. An integrated metronome with count-in helps you record your masterpiece, and If 12 tracks isn't enough there is a full stereo mixdown facility.
- Record up to12 tracks of CD quality audio
- Multi-Effects Processor
- Integrated 12 channel Mixer
- Integrated Sample Editor
- 3 Global Send Effect Busses
- Insert Effects with freeze facility to reduce CPU load.
- Record Effects & Record Monitor
- Mixer and Effect Automation
- PasteBoard Support
- Mixdown / Bounce Facility
- Import samples and iPod songs.
- Export to compressed CAF and WAV formats
- Automatic Delay Compensation
- In-App Purchases available through the Online Shop found in the Help Menu
- Virtual Instruments plug in.
- A Stereo Phaser Plugin has been added to the In-App purchases.
- Side chaining is now available on Stereo audio tracks using the Compressor.
- MIDI Thru support has been added to the MIDI Setup page
- Virtual Piano Keyboard and Key Pad windows now available in the MIDI Editor for use with real time recording and step recording.
- A 'Downloadable Sound Libraries' option in 'Help' menu from which you can download additional sounds and patches for installed 'Virtual Instruments'. This option is not available unless you have the 'Virtual Instruments Pack' installed.
- A MIDI import option, this is limited to importing only the first 12 tracks of a MIDI file due to track restrictions in Meteor.
- New Upload to SoundCloud Feature
- MIDI Export
- In-App: Panning Delay
- In-App: 4 Band Parametric EQ
- In-App: Auto Wah Effect
- Sonoma Tools option to Wave Editor
- Solo button to Mixer in landscape, and All Solo On/Off on Master Fader.
- Audio Pool Folder' button to Import File Dialog.
- Beat Guides to the MIDI editor.
- Option on Mixdown menu allowing you to export each track individually during a mixdown. This is useful for transferring your projects to other packages.