iPhone 3GS and above, iPod touch gen 3 and 4
You can control your iPod app (or the Music app on the iPod touch) with the sound of your voice. Simply press and hold down the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep. Note that Voice Control works best when you speak clearly and have brief pauses between the words you speak. Here are the voice commands you can use:
- Say "Play" or "Play music" to start a previously selected song playing.
- Say "Play" along with the artist name, album name, or playlist name to start playing all songs by the artist, in the album, or in the playlist. For example, you can say "Play album Abbey Road" or "Play artist Beatles." (You cannot say "Play" followed by the name of a specific song.)
- Say "Pause" or "Pause Music" to stop the song. Say "Play" to start it again from where you paused it.
- Say "Next Song" or "Previous Song."
- Say "Who sings this song?" "What song is this?" or "What's playing?" to display information about the song that's currently playing.
- Say "Play more like this." "Play more songs like this." or "Genius" to launch the Genius feature. It will find and play similar songs.
- Say "Shuffle" to randomize your playlist.