You can rate the music on your device from iTunes on your computer or from the iPod or Music apps on your device. Here's how you do it:
From iTunes on your computer:
- Open iTunes and go to your music list.
- Right click on the song you want to rate.
- Select Rating from the drop-down menu and then select the star rating from the pop-up. (1 to 5 stars).
From your iPhone or iPod touch:
- Open the iPod app on the iPhone or the Music app on the iPod touch.
- Tap on a song you want to rate, and begin playing it.
- Tap on the Details icon on the top right of the screen. Your device will display five rating dots above the list of songs in the album.
- Tap on the dots to give the song a star rating. For example, if you tap on the fourth dot from the left, the dots will turn into four stars, meaning you've given the song a four out of five rating.
- Tap on the back arrow in the top-left corner to save the rating and go back to the previous screen.
From your iPad:
- Open the iPod app and tap on a song to start playing it.
- Tap on Now Playing in the lower left corner of the screen.
- If necessary, tap on the screen again to display the controls.
- Tap on the Track List button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the dots at the top of the screen to give the song a star rating.