Your device lets you share your photos with friends and family in a couple of different ways. The Camera app gives you the ability to e-mail photos (iPhone & iPod touch) or send them inside text messages (iPhone). We've already showed you how to send images through text message (see page 49). Here are a couple of other ways to share photos: To e-mail photos from your iPhone:
- Open Camera.
- Tap on the Camera button on the bottom center to take a picture.
- Tap on the Camera Roll button on the bottom left.
- Tap on the photo you took. You will see additional commands on the top and bottom of the screen come up.
- Tap on the Action button on the bottom left (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it).
- Tap on Email Photo. A new e-mail message will open up with the selected photo inserted into the body of the message.
- Tap on the To: field and insert the recipient's e-mail address. 8.) Tap on the Send button. If the image is large, the device will prompt you to choose among actual or smaller sizes.
To e-mail photos from any iOS device:
- Open Photos.
- Tap on Album (iPad/iPod touch) or Photo roll (iPhone) and locate the image you want to send.
- Tap on the image and then the Action button on the bottom left (it looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it).
- Tap on Email Photo. A new e-mail message will open up and the photo will neatly jump into the body of the message.
- Tap on the To: field, and insert the recipient's e-mail address.
- Tap on the Send button. If the image is large, the device will prompt you to choose among actual or smaller sizes.
To select multiple photos to send in one e-mail from any iOS device:
You may want to e-mail several photos to a friend, but sending one at a time just won't do. Here's how to send multiple photos in a single e-mail message:
- Open Photos, tap on an Album or Photo Roll.
- Tap the Action button on the bottom left (iPhone/iPod touch) or top right (iPad) of your screen. The Select Photos screen will come up.
- Tap on every photo you want to send. When selected, a small check mark will appear on the photo. (Tap on the photo again to deselect it.)
- To send from an iPhone or iPod touch, tap on Share on the bottom left corner and then tap on Email.
- To send from an iPad, tap on the Email button in the upper left corner of the screen.
E-mail a photo to your Flickr account
If you have an account with the photo-sharing service, Flickr, you can upload a photo through e-mail. Go to Flickr.com/account/uploadbyemail and get the specific e-mail address you can use to upload your images. Then, follow the steps above to attach an image to an e-mail message; use the Flickr e-mail address in the "To:" field.