The ability to watch movies and TV shows on your iOS device is one of its many great features. Here’s how you do it:
To play a movie or TV show:
- Open Videos. (On the iPhone, Videos is located in the iPod app.)
- Tap on the video or TV show you would like to watch. (If a second cover screen pops up, tap again.)
- If the movie/show does not automatically start playing, tap on the Play button.
To control the playback of your movie or TV show:
- Tap on Done at the top left corner of the screen to close the video player.
- Tap and hold the fast-forward or rewind buttons to move the video backwards or forwards. Alternatively, you can tap and drag the slider along the top of the screen to fast-forward or rewind.
- Tap and drag the slider across the bottom of the screen to increase or decrease the volume.
- Tap on the upper left icon with the two opposite arrows (upper right on the iPad) to toggle between wide-screen and full screen.
Play your videos in slow-motion
Pause a video that’s playing on your device and then tap and hold the fast-forward button. Instead of fast-forwarding at a high frame speed, the video will play in slow motion for as long as you hold down the fast-forward button. You can also play a video in reverse slow motion by pausing the video and holding down on the rewind button.