You can further customize your slideshows by adding music to them.
Play music with iPad slideshows:
On the iPad, you can select songs from your iTunes music library to accompany your slideshows. Here's how you do it:
- Open the Photos app and select the album you want to play as a slideshow.
- Tap on the Slideshow button in the upper-right corner of the screen to display the Slideshow Options menu. (Note that this menu also lets you change transitions.)
- Switch the Play Music button to ON.
- Tap Music and select a tune from the Songs list.
Play music with iPhone/iPod touch slideshows:
In addition to creating custom slideshows, you can also add music soundtracks to fully impress your friends and family. Here's how you do it:
- Open iPod app (called Music on the iPod touch).
- Tap on the playlist and song you want to play.
- Press the Home button.
- Open Photos.
- Start your slideshow.
Display photos using the iPad's Picture Frame option
The iPad has a function built into it that turns it into a digital picture frame. Every time you turn on your iPad, you'll see a small black-and-white Photos icon to the right of the "slide to unlock" switch. Tap on the icon instead of the switch and your device goes into Picture Frame mode, displaying a slideshow of the pictures in your Photos albums.
To change the Picture Frame defaults go to Settings >Picture Frame. From this screen, you can change the Transition (Dissolve or Origami), the amount of time you Show Each Photo For (2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 seconds), and whether or not you want to Shuffle the images in the slideshow. You can also select which photos you want to display (All Photos, or specific Albums). The Picture Frame option is intended to be used when your iPad is sitting on your desk so a stand of some sort is recommended.