The Photos app can display a slideshow of the images on your device. By default, the Slideshow displays each image for 3 seconds and uses a dissolve fade to switch between images. You can modify the transitions to create some pretty sweet slideshows.
To play a slideshow:
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the album you want to play as a slideshow. (On the iPad, you can select an album, or tap on the Photos button at the top of the page to play all photos in all albums in the slideshow.)
- On the iPod touch: Tap on the play button (an arrow pointing right) at the bottom center of the screen.
- On the iPhone: Select any photo in the desired album and top on the play button.
- On the iPad: Tap on the Slideshow button in the upper-right corner of the screen, then tap on the Start Slideshow button at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
To change slideshow transitions:
- Open Settings>Photos.
- Tap on one of the four settings to change it:
- Play Each Slide for: Changes how long you want each slide to be displayed before going to the next one. Options: 2, 3, 5, 10, and 20 seconds).
- Transition (this option is in a different location on the iPad—see below): Lets you select one of five different transitions: Cube, Dissolve, Ripple, Wipe Across, and Wipe Down. Try them one by one and choose the one you like best.
- Repeat: When this option is turned ON, the slideshow will start playing from the beginning after the last photo is displayed.
- Shuffle: When this option is turned ON, images are displayed in a random order.