Before you send your device in for service, here are some things you can do:
- Use the AC power adapter that came with your iOS device to charge it. (A battery icon will appear on the screen indicating that your device is charging.)
- You can also charge your device from your desktop computer using the USB sync cable. However, make sure you connect to a USB port on the computer. For example, some USB keyboards have a pass-through USB port allowing you to daisy chain USB devices. However, these pass-though ports usually do not provide enough power to charge your device.
- Make sure your computer is turned on. USB ports do not provide power when they are off.
- Make sure your computer is not on standby. USB ports may not provide power on standby.
- Unplug and re-plug all your connections to make sure everything is connected properly.
- If you suspect a problem with the USB cord, try charging with a different cord. (All iOS devices use the same USB sync cable and AC power adapter.)
- If you still cannot get your iOS device to charge, you may need to send your device in for servicing.