iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
You can use the Restrictions feature to protect your child from unwanted content or to prevent someone you loan your device to from downloading apps and music. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to Settings >General >Restrictions.
- Tap on “Enable Restrictions” at the top of the screen and the Set Passcode screen will pop up.
- Enter a 4-digit passcode and then re-enter it to confirm. (You can only enter a 4-digit passcode for this feature.)
- To disable restrictions, you will have to enter this passcode again. Make sure you note it down somewhere in case you forget it. If you do forget it, you’ll have to reset your device to access any features you’ve disabled.
- Select the apps and content you want to disable. To disable them, slide the appropriate button to the OFF position.
This feature allows you to selectively disable Safari, YouTube, iTunes and prevents the installion or deletion of apps. In addition, you can disallow changes to location and accounts information, in-app purchases, ratings, music and podcasts, movies, TV shows, and Game Center features. Finally, you can disable installed apps based on their age appropriate rating in the app store.