The Genius feature "listens" to the music you're playing and finds similar songs and artists from your music library or from the iTunes store. You can create a quick Genius playlist from the songs currently on your iOS device. Here's how:
- Make sure Genius is turned on in iTunes on your Mac or PC. (To do this, open iTunes, click on Genus in the left column, and follow the screen prompts. When finished, sync your iOS device.
- Open the iPod app (or the Music app on the iPod touch).
- Tap on Genius Playlist (or the Genius icon in the lower left corner of your iPad screen).
- Tap on the song you want to base your music preference on.
- On the iPad, the Genius playlist will be displayed after a few seconds.