Google has posted a very helpful article on 10 ways to make your Google Maps for iPhone experience even better. Google Maps (free) has been hugely popular and was downloaded over 10 million times the first two days it was available. The tips include:
1. Press and hold to place a pin on the map.
2. To see Street View images in panorama, "press and hold any location on the map, tap the info sheet, and then tap the image."
3. Shake your phone to send Google feedback.
4. Swipe the info sheet to the left or right to browse more results.
5. Tap the three buttons at bottom right to access the satellite, traffic and public transit views.