Photo & Video, Utilities | $4.99, version 2.2 -
Focalware calculates sun and moon position for a given location and date. Use the interactive compass to determine the path and height of the sun or moon. Photographers and filmmakers who are always asked by their clients for the sun, moon and stars, can now deliver.
NOTE: Focalware works on all iPhone and iPod Touch models. Compass support is available on the iPhone 3GS and 4 only.
- Support for compass on 3GS and 4
- Integrated map for custom locations
- Sun/Moon rise and set times
- Sun/Moon azimuth and elevation
- Moon phase
- Magnetic declination
- Results shown graphically or on a list
- Location list of major world cities
- Manually create and save a list of custom locations
- GPS support
- Calculate sun/moon position for today or any date in the future
- Works with current location or anywhere in the world
"Focalware offers unrivaled accuracy and ease of use to photographers shooting outdoors. To say I use it a couple of times a day is an understatement!"
--Moose Peterson, Wildlife Photographer
"A very slick little app, and a landscape photographer's new best friend."
--Scott Kelby, Editor of Photoshop User Magazine
Rated one of the 10 most useful iPhone Apps for Photographers by Pop Photo.
Kim Komando posted a great article today titled 5 must-have apps for digital photos. They range from the free Photoshop.com Mobile for editing your photos to the $4.99 Focalware, for finding the best time of day to shoot outdoors.
Alphabetical by Name
©2012 Mango Life Media, Inc. 402 N B St. #108, Fairfield, Iowa 52556, USA
Phone 800-373-6114 or 641-472-6330, Fax 641-209-5007.
Subscribe to iPhone Life magazine now!
Magazine Customer Service
Contact us with questions or comments.