EA's Sims 3 for iPhone and iPod Touch - which retails for U$6.99 - took home the award for Best Mobile Game at Mobile Exellence Awards (MEAs) which were presented on December 7, 2009 in Los Angeles.
Finalists and winners were selected based upon strategic initiatives and objectives, impact of technology used, creativity, ease of use, reach and execution and proven market success. Judges for the 2009 Mobile Excellence Awards were comprised of an esteemed panel of industry leaders and luminaries who were all in attendance the evening of the event.
Attendence at the event doubled and submissions for awards consideration came from 12 different countries. Twenty-One companies overall were presented with a spectacular 18 lbs of heavy cut crystal award and honored for their excellence.
About the Sims 3 for iPhone:
Direct the lives of your Sims using touch and accelerometer controls while exploring the 3D neighborhood. Customize their looks & personality. Give them big browns or baby blues. Cover their head in curls or have them sport a mohawk. Make them Neurotic, Funny, or Shy. Choose their career. Take them fishing. Watch as they fall in love.
* Create, control, and explore with The Sims using your iPhone & iPod touch!
* Experience stunning, 3D open-world environments
* Edgy camera angles render a provocative, realistic experience
* Customize your Sims with a variety of personality traits and physical characteristics
* Enjoy more clothing and accessory options with the Create-A-Sim feature
* Fulfill your Sims needs and increase the amount of activities available to them
* Unlock 73 goals & wishes for your Sims to help them self-actualize
* With no definitive ending, enjoy endless hours of entertainment!