By Rich Hall
Some people may have difficulty using FaceTime after porting their number or installing a carrier settings update. FaceTime may exhibit one or more of the following symptoms:
- When you call someone on FaceTime, the number displayed on their screen is not your number
- People cannot initiate a FaceTime call with you.
- After installing a new carrier settings update, FaceTime will not activate.To resolve these issues:
- Go to iTunes and update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Disable FaceTime in Settings > Phone and then turn it on again. Do this by sliding the slider off and then on.
- Reset all settings under Settings >General >Reset.