By Nate Adcock on Sat, 12/04/2010
At least 3 of us here at iPhoneLife (maybe more) are drinking the mophie JP Kool-Aid, and why not, considering the great charging solutions they have to offer?! Anyhoo, if you were looking for a juice pack charging cover for your iPhone 4, look no further... mophie just announced the juice pack plus for iPhone 4G! I have heard that soon a version for iPod touch 4 will be coming as well. Read on for gory press details, and links...
"Santa Ana, Calif. (Dec. 2, 2010) – mophie™ today announced the availability of the juice pack plus, an enhanced capacity iPhone 4 battery case that will more than double the time iPhone users have to rock, talk and surf. The plus is mophie’s second rechargeable external battery case designed for the iPhone 4, and has a 2,000 mAh battery capacity, the largest of any juice pack case produced to date.
In keeping with mophie’s award-winning juice pack design, the juice pack plus is ultra-thin and light-weight, providing protection and now even more power for the iPhone 4 while adding only 1 mm of thickness when compared to the original juice pack air design. The juice pack plus boasts a 2,000 mAh charging capacity, offering iPhone 4 power users with more than double the battery life on-the-go, and features enhanced design elements including a dual injected rubber grip for extra hold.
“The juice pack plus provides the most battery capacity we’ve put into a juice pack battery case, yet it only adds 1 mm of thickness,” said Susan Schedel, vice president of sales and marketing for mophie. “The plus is an example of how mophie is constantly working to evolve the juice pack line and provide Apple users with choices and added functionality, while maintaining a smart and sleek design that is expected from iPhone users.”
The juice pack plus for iPhone 4 is now available for purchase on www.mophie.com for $99.95, and will soon be available in AT&T stores nationwide. Key features and benefits include:
- More than Doubles Battery Life – 2,000 mAh capacity, advanced battery technology delivers an incredible amount of “juice” in a small form factor, more than doubling battery life while only adding 1 mm of thickness. Users will experience:
- Up to 8 additional hours talk time on 3G; 16 hours 2G
- Up to 7 additional hours internet use on 3G; 11 hours WiFi
- Up to 44 hours additional audio playback
- Up to 11 hours video playback
- Acoustic Sound Enhancement – The juice pack plus design acts as a virtual speaker box, redirecting sound from the bottom of the iPhone 4 to the front, resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality.
- Choice of Color – The juice pack plus is available initially in black, but will soon come in three other colors, allowing you to choose the case that matches your style, including cyan, magenta, yellow and black.
- Pass-through USB – Included USB cable enables you to simultaneously charge and sync your iPhone 4 to iTunes without having to remove it from the juice pack plus.
- Standby/Charging Switch: Features a simple toggle switch that allows for standby and charging mode so you only have to use the juice pack plus battery when you need it.
- Efficient Electronics – Embedded electronics results in no signal interference with the iPhone 4.
- 4 Light LED Battery Status Indicator – An integrated LED status indicator tells you exactly how much “juice” is left and also displays how much time remains during the charging process.
The mophie juice pack plus is now available in black at mophie.com for $99.95—cyan, magenta, and yellow versions will be coming in the near future. For additional information regarding the mophie juice pack line of products, please visit http://www.mophie.com
mophie is a California-based, award-winning designer and manufacturer of mobile intelligent devices and accessories. It is widely recognized and highly acclaimed for its creative designs and innovative solutions. mophie is the proud developer of the juice pack, the first “Works With iPhone” portable battery solution certified by Apple Inc. All of mophie’s products are developed to address real consumer and business needs and are seamless integrations of industrial, electronic, software and artistic designs. Its products are available in Apple stores, AT&T stores, Best Buy stores and on www.mophie.com and www.amazon.com. Follow mophie on Twitter at twitter.com/mophielovesyou or on Facebook at facebook.com/mophielovesyou