By Nate Adcock on Fri, 08/03/2012
mophie has cases and charger combo rigs that are mind-blowingly cool, so no surprise them thinking of a way to protect and mount your iPhone on a surfboard (or insert your sporting conveyance here)! OUTRIDE, which will be available in mid-September, let's you catch all the extreme fun with less risk to your electronic buddy (so it can catch the action)! Read on for full PR release!
- Turning the iPhone into a Dedicated Sports Camera—Bundling the case, mounting system and the OUTRIDE app, gives users the option to transform their iPhone 4S or iPhone 4 into a dedicated action sports camera. Features of the OUTRIDE hardware include:
- High-impact, water-proof and lightweight polycarbonate housing protects the iPhone in any scenario
- Modular quick-release mounting system allows recording at any angle and attachment to any surface on a variety of sports equipment
- Wide angle lens is optimized for recording action sports
- “Lights, Camera, Action!”—Whether you have a passion for surfing, motocross or skate, there is an OUTRIDE mounting kit that will fit your sport.
- Capture, View and Share—Free on the iTunes store, the OUTRIDE app is a place for the action sports community to search and share videos from around the globe, on-the-go:
- Personal Profile—Get started by uploading a profile picture and adding in your location. From the personalized profile, users can view captured videos and photos, find and follow friends, and customize categories
- Capture—Allows the user to shoot both vertically or horizontally
- View—Custom settings allows for a unique viewing experience, and provides notifications of “friends” updates
- Share—Community-based sharing allows users to discover new users and connect with the “mophie” community within the app and through other social networks