mophie is rocking World AIDS Day by partnering with (RED), and releasing a special edition of the flagship juice pack power pro line of portable chargers in a stunning cardinal hue. A portion of the proceeds go to the Global Fund. Fight the AIDS epidemic, get a charge up and do it in style! Now available at link above, so go get one of these beauties (great holiday stocking stuffer, by the way)... Read on for more PR info on the release...
Santa Ana, Calif. (Nov. 29, 2011)—mophie™, trailblazer in the portable power category, today announced its partnership with (RED)™ and the launch of a Special Edition line of flagship products—juice pack air, juice pack plus and the complete juice pack universal line (reserve, boost and powerstation)—to raise awareness and funds to fight AIDS. Five percent of profits from the sales of (MOPHIE)RED products will go to the Global Fund to help reach the goal of an AIDS free generation by 2015. To kick off the program, the (MOPHIE)RED universal line will be available for sale online beginning December 1 in conjunction with the internationally recognized World AIDS Day. Special (PRODUCT)RED versions of the juice pack air and juice pack plus will be available in January 2012.
“We are honored to partner with (RED) on the noble cause of helping to eliminate AIDS and humbled to join the company of the global brands, celebrities and influencers who support the (RED) organization,” said mophie’s Ross Howe, vice president of marketing. “Function and style are built into the DNA of each mophie portable power solution and developing the (PRODUCT)RED collection has been an exciting way to combine our passion for design with an opportunity to contribute to a powerful and important cause.”
The (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition line includes:
- juice pack air for iPhone 4/4S ($79.95)—Known for catapulting the brand within the portable power category, the juice pack air doubles the life of the iPhone 4/4S, while also protecting from drops, slips and bangs
- juice pack plus for iPhone 4/4S ($99.95)—Big brother to the juice pack air, the plus more than doubles the life of the iPhone 4/4S with a 2000 mAh battery capacity
- reserve ($34.95)—The zippo design-inspired reserve is the perfect solution for a quick charge on-the-go. Featuring a 700 mAh battery, the reserve is lightweight, compact in design, and comes with a convenient key ring and integrated USB cable for easy charging
- boost ($49.95)—The sleek, pocket-sized backup battery also functions as a stand for the device. Utilizing its 2000 mAh battery capacity, the boost has the ability to fully charge an iPhone
- powerstation ($79.95)—The most powerful charger in the mophie family, the external battery with a 4000 mAh capacity can charge virtually any USB-enabled device including the iPad
“In order to reach a large audience, (RED) looks to collaborate with brands that have a positive and well-known presence globally, and mophie is a company we are very excited to add to our outstanding group of partners,” said Deborah Dugan, CEO, (RED). “Purchasing (MOPHIE)RED products gives tech savvy consumers a way to make a real contribution to the fight against AIDS while staying powered up for all of their communications.”
The (MOPHIE)RED reserve, boost and powerstation will be available for sale on www.mophie.com beginning December 1. The (MOPHIE)RED juice pack air and juice pack plus will be sold online beginning in January 2012 with expansion into other online retail and brick-and-mortar stores anticipated in early 2012.