By Nate Adcock on Fri, 04/20/2012
First caught a glimpse of this, well for lack of a better description--fist-sized block of lithium-ion in a hard shell--at CES earlier this year. It can top up all your gadgets and then some with a 6000 mAh of raw power, the powerstation Pro is finally available for purchase at the spendy sum of $129.95. It not only charges fast, but can also stop a bullet (okay, I made that up). It is, however, designed to stand up to the elements including sand, dust and water. You can learn more in the included PR release and embedded YT vid after the break...
"Santa Ana, Calif. (April 17, 2012)—mophie™ today announced a new introduction to its popular juice pack universal external battery collection, the juice pack powerstation® PRO. Designed to withstand the rigors of the concrete jungle and anything Mother Nature might drum up, PRO battery pack users will experience the benefits of keeping virtually any USB-enabled device, from wearable cameras, smartphones, iPads and other tablets, charged faster and for longer. The device boasts 6000 mAh capacity lithium-ion polymer battery – the largest of any mophie juice pack product on the market.
“As a trailblazer in the portable power category, mophie is always thinking of innovative ways to give more battery ‘juice’ to the on-the-go user who also relies on multiple devices to survive in the modern world,” said Ross Howe, vice president of marketing, mophie. “The powerstation PRO is the most hard-working, one-of-a-kind, rugged battery solution on the market that provides users with one of the fastest charge cycles, eliminating the agony of waiting for a battery to go from red to green.”
Retailing for $129.95 at mophie.com, features of the juice pack powerstation PRO include:
· “Built-to-Last”—The thick and solid impact-resistant exterior, constructed of aluminum and rubber, allows for the ultimate protection against bumps and falls, while the “built-to-last” look and feel is enhanced by a heavy-duty rubber shell along the perimeter of the case
· “Faster than a Speeding Bullet”—Delivers a special high-output battery for faster charging
· “More Powerful than a Locomotive”—The powerstation PRO provides a jaw-dropping 6000 mAh battery with the capability of switching between 500 mAh, 1A and 2.1A charges to conserve battery while charging devices
· Weather-Tested—The IP-65 rated powerstation PRO, has successfully passed tests for resistance from environmental elements, including liquid, dust and sand
· Water Resistant—USB ports are protected by water tight tabs embedded in the rubber housing of the case
· USBs Welcomed—The USB port provides the ability to charge just about any USB-enabled device in the world
Ready for any charging conditions, the powerstation PRO is now available in Apple stores, Apple.com and at mophie.com. For additional information regarding the mophie suite of products, please visit http://www.mophie.com.