By Nate Adcock on Mon, 09/21/2009
ESPN Radio now available in the App Store!
"ESPN today launches its newest application to the Apple iTunes App Store for ESPN Radio. The app gives millions of ESPN Radio listeners access to live, crystal clear radio streams, fan favorite shows, the latest SportsCenter updates every 20 minutes, popular podcasts, play-by-play broadcasts, live scores, newsfeeds and text messaging and call-in capabilities directly to ESPN Radio and ESPN affiliate stations."
Sorry for not getting any promo shots, but looks like a podcast app specifically for ESPN sportscast streams, with some pretty cool additional features..Full press release follows:
“Our mission is to serve sports fans the best audio wherever they are and whenever they want it on any device,” said Marc Horine, vice president of digital partnerships and sales development for ESPN. “The ESPN Radio app delivers that same great content to mobile listeners through a seamless audio experience while also allowing complete control to choose from their favorite stations, shows and podcasts.”
The ESPN Radio app is available on iTunes for $2.99 and includes:
• Popular ESPN Radio Shows: Access to live audio from fan favorite shows like Mike & Mike in the Morning, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, The Scott Van Pelt Show, The Michael Kay Show, The Michael Irvin Show and many more.
• Live Radio Station Streams: Over 15 ESPN Radio stations, including ESPN 1050 New York, ESPN 1250 Pittsburgh, ESPN 1000 Chicago, ESPN 103.3 Dallas and ESPN 710 Los Angeles.
• Podcasts: Over 35 ESPN Radio podcasts available including The BS Report with Bill Simmons, Pardon The Interruption, Around The Horn and Fantasy Focus.
• Live Play-by-Play Broadcasts: Listen in on ESPN Radio play-by-play for college football games in real-time.
• SportsCenter Updates: The latest news from SportsCenter updated every 20 minutes.
• Live Scores & Newsfeeds: Access to NFL, MLB, NHL, college and professional sports teams scores and news.
• Text Messaging: User can send a message directly to the studio of an ESPN Radio show.
The ESPN Radio app adds another platform to access audio from ESPNRadio.com, the world’s most listened-to online audience stream of any terrestrial broadcaster in the world. It reaches more than 420,000 unique listeners per month according to Ando Media, which measures nearly 7,000 global streams of audio worldwide. Additionally, ESPNRadio.com is the largest, most listened to talk format stream, both terrestrially and via Internet-only streaming. It generates 1.9 million total sessions per month (an increase of 25 percent compared to last year) and the average session in ESPNRadio.com’s audio stream lasts 2.5 hours.
The app is the latest from ESPN, following the recent release of ESPN Fantasy Football, the hugely successful ESPN ScoreCenter, ESPN Fantasy Football Draft Kit and the photo matching game ESPN Freeze Frame (formerly ESPN Cameraman). ESPN ScoreCenter launched in June to more than 75 countries, supporting 6 languages, and has been downloaded more than 2.2 million times. The ESPN Fantasy Football Draft Kit was launched August 1 and in just 4 weeks has been downloaded more than 350,000 times. ESPN Zoom originally launched as ESPN Cameraman in October 2008. Through several versions, it has been downloaded nearly 2 million times.