Being a tech news Junkie, and fond of the superior Ziff Davis line of publications, especially eWeek, I recently noted their list of top 20 iPhone Apps, which were ok, in my opinion--but then some were aimed at System Admin geeks like me. Anyhoo, after monitoring our own blogs and noting the excellent products being reviewed here, I thought we might do our own little end of year round-up. So, I will start it off with some of my favs after the break below (which will include at least one hardware item), and then hopefully a few more bloggers can pile on with posts of their own. Most of all, we welcome reader comments on their best of list of products for 2009. Heck, if it generates enough interest, I'll try to scare up a contest or giveaway or something...stranger things have been known to happen.
My Top 10 2009 iPhone/iPod Favorite Thangs:
3. Security: SPB Wallet is what I trust in to protect my data...
4. eBooks: Gotta go with Stanza. I can convert just about any e-book to a readable format. But, I would love to see a Mobipocket-like reader in 2010, with auto-scroll features like in WinMo.
5. IT Management: Remote Desktop Lite is my personal fav for managing my network of home PCs (the Windows ones, anyway). I think it was on the eweek list as well.
9. Education: VITO Star Walk is mucho useful for learning about the cosmos, or just the next meteor shower in your area. Google Earth (though not quite in the same category), is great for more down-to-Earth research.
10. Hardware: A Sony Dream Machine alarm clock/dock is where my iPod touch lives when I'm not actually holding it. Decent audio quality, a handy remote, and the touch fits like a glove, even in it's Griffin protective case.
Feel free to comment with your own best of list and as I said, I'll see how far this goes. Hopefully our bloggers will join in as well, and I can twist a vendor arm or 2 for some free stuff. If we get enough participation, I'll go back and sift through the lists and summarize them for maybe a vote or poll or something. If not, well we will still have a handy best of list for iPhone noobs, eh? Thanks again for your participation and have a happy and safe holiday!