By David Averbach on Wed, 10/13/2010
Our friends at 148apps.com have recently launched a new website called App Hall of Fame. Each month the committee (Of which iPhone Life is a member) votes on the best apps of all time. The website then inducts 12 apps into the "hall of fame". The result is the site becomes a resource for the best apps ever made. According to the site:
Discovering the very best apps is an increasingly difficult task. There are so many new applications released that it becomes harder and harder to find the gems in the crowd — especially so once that special new app smell wears off. That’s why we’re here. The App Hall of Fame exists to archive the very best of the best in mobile apps. The apps inducted into the hall of fame are considered to be the very best in the app store, the cream of the crop, as it were.
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for. And the inductees are: (drum role please)
- Angry Birds from Rovio
- Flight Control from Firemint
- Doodle Jump from Lima Sky
- Shazam from Shazam Entertainment
- Evernote from Evernote
- Plants vs. Zombies from PopCap Games
- Pandora Radio from Pandora Media
- Simplenote from Codality
- Twitter from Twitter, Inc.
- Instapaper from Marco Arment
- Homerun Battle 3D from Com2uS
- Fieldrunners from Subatomic Studios