Looking over the dozens of photo apps I've got on my iPhone, I think it's time to give app creators a bit of advice.
1. If you want to charge me for an app, charge me and DON'T give me a 'free' app that opens up asking me to upgrade before I've even had a chance to try it.
2. Look at other apps and please don't duplicate features that are generally available in a zillion other apps.
3. Please don't give me an app that creates black and white images and call it worthy of being. It isn't.
4. Folks who like "retro" or "lomo" or "holga" effects probably aren't interested in your creating an app that emulates what they do. Their whole reason for being is to do things the old fashioned...darkroom way.
5. Provide clear instructions. Looking over some apps I haven't used in a while makes me wonder how to do anything with them.
6. Make something I'd love to say WOW over, even if you have to charge a little more for it.
7. Make it easy to get an image into Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
8. If the app description isn't going to be in English, provide a warning before I download it. I have nothing against foreign language apps, but I don't like finding out after I've paid for it.
Hope this helps...a little.
Anybody have anything to add on the subject?