By Tracy Sebastian on Tue, 04/27/2010
My friend, Marilyn, sent me this note: "I have a complaint. I read in the San Francisco Chronicle that there is an app called Code Red which allows men to track their wife/girlfriend/whatever monthly cycle so they can prepare for mood swings. Is that true? Isn't that a bit sexist? LOL."
Yes, Marilyn, it's true. The app does exist. Is it a bit sexist? Should women all over the world be offended and angry? Should we hunt down those MEN and hurt them? No, they should be given the Nobel Peace Prize.
To be honest - men should be warned as they are basically clueless about the female species. Any help they can get to serve US better is a good thing. They should have chocolate ready and be prepared to massage our feet.....or they can feel the wrath.
To take this a step further - perhaps teenage boys should download this, too. Maybe then the garbage would be taken out the first time I ask!!!
Bottom Line: For $1.99 - an early warning system is a good idea.
From their website:
Men’s best defense against the monthly Her-ricane.
SIMPLER IS SAFER
- Smooth Sailing Alert --- Let’s you know when she’s feeling like a team player.
- Horny Alert --- Let’s you know when you’re able to score.
- PMS Alert --- Let’s you know when to hit the (cold) showers.
- Ovulation Alert --- Let’s you know when to sit on the sidelines (unless you’re ready to start a junior league).
- Code Red Alert --- Let’s you know that it’s game time and you’re way out of bounds.
- Fully automated menstrual calendar
- 5 special alerts for each phase of her cycle
- Dynamic animations for each alert
- Helpful suggestions to survive each phase
- Links to local vendors for presents, groceries and goods (via Google Maps)
- Advanced calendar toggle settings