By Tracy Sebastian on Sun, 01/09/2011
As a mom, photographer, writer and CEO of my home - this is a product worth getting!!
Save & Share Documents
Premium Media Streaming
Photo Viewer & Importer
AirStash stores your movies, music, photos, and documents and wirelessly shares them with your phone, media player, netbook, tablet, computer, and more. Use AirStash like a USB flash drive to drag & drop the files you want to your SD card while charging the built-in lithium polymer battery, then unplug & play on all of your browser-enabled WiFi devices*.
If you know how to use a USB drive and a web browser, you know how to use AirStash. Once you own AirStash, every other USB flash drive will seem less evolved.
Easy wireless access to your media stash
Just connect your WiFi enabled device to your AirStash and instantly surf & stream your media files through your web browser. No software or app installation is required.
Additional storage for the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad
Break through the storage limits on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with AirStash! There's no need to decide what files to squeeze onto your iPhone—bring them all with AirStash! Supply a single SD card for storage capacity up to 32GB, or bring along additional SD cards for unlimited storage on-the-go. Because AirStash is wireless, you can keep using your favorite case and accessories while AirStash sits in your pocket, backpack, purse, or briefcase.
Camera adapter to iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
AirStash brings standard SD/SDHC and microSD/SDHC cards to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad for convenient, hot-swappable access to flash cards on-the-go. Download photos to the gallery with one tap and use your favorite apps to edit and upload. Photographers can finally leave the bulky laptop at home.
Turn your car into a media access point on your next road trip with an AirStash in the glove box. Serve music to the front seat and stream movies to the back seat at the same time. Let the kids choose their own movies or music to enjoy on their individual iPod touch devices. Take AirStash on your next camping trip off the beaten path while still enjoying wireless access to your media library. AirStash makes its own network, so you don't need to be tied to one. Review files or kick back and relax at 30,000 feet when you bring AirStash on a WiFi allowed flight.
Unlike a regular flash drive, AirStash shares your files with multiple devices simultaneously. Don't make everyone huddle around a single computer screen to see the latest family pictures and videos. Now everyone can share and enjoy on their own wireless device. Put AirStash in your briefcase to share files with your business associates without waiting for email. With WPA2 encryption, you can quickly and securely distribute presentations and documents during a meeting.
No internet access required ($0 per month)
Expand and share without worrying about bandwidth, coverage, outages, or cloud failures. AirStash does not require an existing WiFi hotspot or 3G wireless service. (We'd show a map for that, but it would be solid green!) With so much convenience for about the same cost as one month of iPhone service, why not?
No software to install
If you know how to use a flash drive and a web browser, you know how to use AirStash. Just plug AirStash into your computer and it appears on your desktop as a disk drive. Drag & drop your files over high speed USB while recharging the built-in lithium-polymer battery. AirStash works with almost all modern operating systems, including Windows, OS X, and Chrome OS, and almost any device that can use a USB thumb drive!
Safe & Secure
It's your stash of files and you want to maintain control! Keep all your files securely in your pocket and away from internet hackers looking to bring down the cloud. Wireless password access and streaming encryption (WPA2) keeps your stash private. When you want to share, it's your choice.
AirStash's minimal curved profile was designed to feel good in the hand and easily slip into a pocket. A single, recessed power button controls WiFi and prevents activation in a pocket. Two hidden icons pop to life to show battery charge, USB activity, and WiFi heartbeat. The translucent cap reveals the USB plug within to add both functional and aesthetic appeal. Finally, a concave end juxtaposes the convex body and displays a polarized SD card slot. Just enough of the card is exposed to prevent the card from being knocked out while allowing easy removal.
Size & Weight
- 802.11b/g (54 Mbps max)
- Range: 50m (160 ft) line of sight
- Maximum simultaneous connections: 8
- Configurable security: open and WEP; WPA available in upcoming firmware release
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbps)
- USB Mass Storage Class
Power & Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium polymer battery (non-replaceable)
- Charging via USB connector to computer or powered hub
- Operating temperature: 32° to 113° F (0° to 45° C) untested, spec'd by design
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C) untested, spec'd by design
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing (untested)
- Web browser WiFi b/g capable device
- Optimized experience for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad via HTML5
- No internet connection required
- Compatible with most operating systems that support USB Mass Storage Class (thumb drives)
- Firmware update via file drag and drop
- Built-in web/file/media server
- Built-in User Manual
Viewable Document Types
- .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- All browser supported media files (non-DRM)
- English (US localized)
- AirStash Model A01
- USB extension cable
- Quick start guide
Buttons & Indicators
Connector & Memory Card Slot
- AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- non-DRM browser supported media files
- H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- non-DRM browser supported media files