After much anticipation, Spring (free) has finally arrived. The first of its kind, Spring is a fashion app that actually streamlines the online shopping process by allowing you to shop from the comfort of your iPhone. You can view products, “heart” them to save and browse later, or add them to your cart for instant buying gratification. The beauty of Spring is that it includes a marketplace of all your favorite high-end brands and designers in one place (think everything from Joie and Clare Vivier to Oscar de la Renta).
Spring is appropriately named after popular NYC shopping destination, Spring Street. CEO Alan Tisch said one of the goals behind the app was to channel the experience of walking around SoHo and being inspired by the storefronts of familiar and fresh designers. And for that reason exactly, Spring does a killer job of incorporating innovative fashion labels that are fresh to the scene. Not solely limited to women’s fashion, the app also includes shops for men’s fashion, beauty, and lifestyle. Updated daily with new arrivals and “Spring Exclusives,” you’ll undoubtedly have a reason to routinely check back.
The appearance of Spring is just as impeccable as the concept behind the app itself. The interface is aesthetically pleasing and its maneuverability can’t be beat. Upon downloading the app, little to no instruction will be needed to understand how it works—it’s that intuitive. Begin by following your favorite brands and let the magic happen! Because no fashion app, let alone a shopping app, is complete without stunning visuals, each brand displays an applaudable selection of photos for each product. Simply swipe to see additional angles, close-ups, or even outfit snapshots of your favorite bloggers modeling the said dress, pair of shoes, or whatever it is that you’re eyeing.
- The network of luxury brands and up-and-coming designers included in the Spring network is already well over 200 and counting, as new ones are added each week.
- Serious online shoppers will love not having to type in their credit card and shipping information for each transaction—all of that info is stored in the app.
- Spring is marketed as a shopping app and that’s exactly the niche it fulfills. No frills, no gimmicks. With so many social media apps, the fact that Spring is strictly a shopping app is a breath of fresh air.
- The app flaunts a visually pleasing interface that is clean, minimalist, and reminiscent of the pages of Vogue.
- The “Discover” tab is an absolute gem, as it’s chock full of curated collections by industry insiders like Who What Wear, Lucky, and CFDA.
- While Spring flaunts an extremely well cultivated database of luxury brands and designers, it could possibly benefit from enlisting moderately priced, yet still very on-trend retailers (think J.Crew, Madewell, and Club Monaco) into the mix. Budget-friendly brand Joe Fresh is notably included in the mix, though, so perhaps it’s only a matter of time before they join.
- For better or worse, it almost might be a little too easy to purchase a product. With your credit card information stored in the app, it takes one swipe and the transaction is done.
- At this point in time, only select products from each retailer are made available through the app. For a full selection of inventory, one must visit the retailer’s e-commerce site, which may be a drawback to some users.
Whether you are an online shopping aficionado or not, rest assured that Spring is worth the download. Whether you use it to shop ‘til you drop or to peruse new game-changers in the fashion industry, Spring delivers on all fronts. I happily give this app five out of five stars as I am confident it will only get more innovative over time.