By Brian Taylor on Wed, 06/26/2013
It's a fact—no one wants to test their new mobile apps. It's expensive and time consuming, but it's a necessary step to ensure users have a good experience when using the app. It is your job to ensure this experience. If your app fails in any way, you will lose customers. If something does not work properly, chances are they will not return to the app in question. Using the following guidelines will help you determine how to properly test your app and ensure it's 100 percent error free by the time it reaches consumers.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Testers should consider the following questions when developing a mobile app:
- What are the different platforms the app should work on?
- What exactly is the app designed to do?
- What will happen when users take certain actions?
- Will your design fit with various platforms?
- How does your design compare to your competition?
- Is the app you have developed accessible?
- Is there an available user guide?
- Can the app be used in conjunction with social networks?
- Moving around;
- With and without a strong Wi-Fi signal;
- 3G service;
- When intermittent spells of connectivity are available;
- While in airplane mode;
- When a call or text is coming in.