In a surprise move, popular jailbreak team evad3rs have just released a jailbreak for all devices running iOS 7.0-7.0.4. While this may be great news for jailbreakers, you might still want to wait before liberating your device.
If you've been waiting to update to iOS 7 for fear of losing your iOS 6 jailbreak, it's now safe to update as evasi0n7 has just been released for both Windows and Mac. The jailbreak supports all devices running on iOS 7, including the iPhone 5S, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display.
The full requirements to jailbreak include:
- five minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum), or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iTunes installed if you're running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
So, should you jailbreak?
Jailbreaking your iDevice gives you the freedom to customize your device's settings and features in ways that Apple just won't allow. Jailbreaking even gives you access to your device's filesystem, which is a good enough reason alone to jailbreak. However, most popular jailbreak tweaks and apps remain unsupported on A7 devices like the iPhone 5s and iPad Air due to evad3rs' secrecy with the jailbreak. No other members of the jailbreak community have had time to update any compatibility issues with their tweaks.