Today, I discovered the benefits of multi-tasking on the iPhone 4 while using an app called Runtastic. It was wonderful!
I decided to walk in the park today and try out Runtastic. I installed it on my phone quite a while ago, but never used it. So, I thought it would be a good time to test it out.
First, I started the Runtastic app. Next, I opened up iTunes and started my music. Later, I got to a place on the walk where I wanted to take a photo for my Facebook friends. So, I started up the iPhone Camera, took a photo and immediately uploaded it to my Facebook page. All this without ever having to stop Runtastic!
Now, what did I think of Runtastic? I loved it!
I like it much that after I finished my walk, I immediately purchased Runtastic Pro. Runtastic Pro is a very cool app and a must for anyone interested in fitness. Here's what it can do:
1. It tracks your exercises via GPS and automatically records your time, distance, calories burned, speed, elevation and more!
2. You can view your current position on a map or map out a route ahead of time.
3. It keeps a history of all your workouts
4. It has iPod integration
5. It has a voice feedback that is a great motivator. You can set it to tell you when you've completed a certain distance, what speed you are going, how many calories you've worked off, and more.
6. You can connect it to an ANT+ Heart Rate Monitor (check the website)
7. You can share your achievements on Facebook and Twitter right from the app
8. Compete with friends!
9. Upload your activities to the runtastic sport platform www.runtastic.com
10. Manually add other exercise routines such as treadmill, gym training, or yoga.
There's probably more that I haven't figured out yet. Check it out for yourself. You'll be glad you did!